Sunday, December 23, 2007

Waxing sentimental

I have been feeling quite sentimental this year about Christmas. Usually I look forward to the time of being here in Vegas alone with just our family, but this year I have had a surprisingly "homesick" feeling for the Christmases of yesteryear. Maybe it is because I miss my Mom so much at times like these, maybe it is because we might stay here the ENTIRE holiday this year, I don't know. But nevertheless, I long for those times when my whole family was gathered around the table with the amazing holiday meals my Mom prepared. The cheeseball, the Christmas punch, the ham, homemade rolls and all the trimmings. I loved being there! My parents truly knew how to make a house a home. I love all of the memories I have of my childhood Christmases. Even though we didn't have a lot of money, I have rich memories of singing around the piano, doing the nativity scene, reading from Luke and waking to find that Santa had truly come! I love to watch my children at this time of the year. What a blessing they are, they keep the spirit of Christmas alive in me! So, for what it's worth. Here's a warm thank you to my family for giving me those wonderful memories!!!

1 comment:

Lannie said...

little leslie-pa-deslie-paditty-doo:

thanks for harking back to the good ol' days and bringing back great memories of mother and dad. Those were great times. I was missing them both so much this year, I could hardly stand it. You're are the best Weswee. Love, Lannie Lass