Tuesday, January 15, 2008



I have a question:
Why is it so much easier to clean someone elses house than it is to clean your own?
I recently went to help my sister after she had surgery and I did a lot of cleaning for her. I actually enjoyed it, worked fast, and felt great satisfaction afterward... One might even describe it as delightful.

THEN I CAME HOME.

I have no desire or motivation what so ever to do my OWN house cleaning.... WHY IS THIS?

Just pondering...

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

I second that comment!! Maybe it's the "doing something good for someone else" phenomenon.

I also find it much easier to clean if someone else it doing it along with me. We don't have to be in the same room, or working on the same project, but knowing someone else is working too, is much more motivating.

If you ever want to come and help me, I'd be happy to have you come over ANY time! Love you guys! dorothy

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. I think it's because others are so appreciative of our effort, but our own families...they just expect it! kelli

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I always find it more satisfying to accomplish something for someone else as opposed to doing the undesirables on my "to do" list. It's all about the motivation!

emily jeanne said...

I think its easier to clean another persons house because you are not emotionally attached to someone else's junk (sometimes we hold on to stuff we don't need and we just need a third party to tell us to chuck it!) *I know I am guilty of this, and am making a resolution to throw out a ton of stuff*

Mark and Cosi said...

I hate cleaning anything! just kidding--he he

akdoxey said...

When you know someone appreciates it so much, it makes it worth it. I am actually a weirdo in that I love to clean my own house (probably more than other peoples homes)- esp when everyone else is gone. I love the feeling of relaxing after adeep cleaning.