Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A bit of gratitude....


So, I have learned a little something this week... I have been looking online and applying for some part time jobs...( I am looking for some work during the day while the kids are all gone) and I have applied for a few little jobs around our area...(secretarial, at schools, stores etc.. etc..) I have been telling Dave (and everyone else) how much I hated nursing and just didn't want to go back to it... well..... after looking into what other job opportunities there are out there, I guess I finally became grateful for my education... I really have taken it for granted. It is a SURE THING and always has been, that whenever I need a job ANYWHERE, ANYTIME I can get a nursing job. I can always sort of pick my own schedule, make enough money at it for it to be worth me going, and it's a good job where I can serve others... IN SHORT, I have been sort of a stinker about it, and I guess I finally got a taste of some humble pie... I am grateful (yes, I said it) to be able to be a nurse and to be able to have a good job when I need/want one!!!! This may seem so simple to a lot of people and a total "no brainer" but to me it has taken a bit to get me to realize that it is a blessing.... SO, that said, I am turning in my application tomorrow (finally) to get my nursing license in Nevada so that I can go back to work in January... I am not really loving the idea of working, or leaving my kids, but it really is a great way to do it if you have to, I can work just 2 days a week, get full benefits and pick the days/times I want to do it... So here's to my education-- hip hip hooray! :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh cool i think you would be an awesome secretary at school!

Tonya said...

Your family is so cute. I think about going back to work sometimes, especially when I think about college and missions. YIKES!!! I've been walking my kids to school 3 times a week hoping to get that exercise in. When are we ever going to get a night out???

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Gotta love that 'humble pie'. I've had a piece or two myself lately. And seriously, do you have any idea what I would have given to have you as my nurse when I had Myah at Mountain View Hospital??? I think that a good nurse makes all the difference in the world! kelli

jennaloha said...

I am anxious about that transition period when the baby goes off to school. Unless accident babies appear, I only have 3 years until Holland goes to school! What happens then? It's definitely a role-shifting thing. Good luck with the next phase of life.
But, Leslie,
who wouldn't love to hire you?

Unknown said...

yay for being a nurse! that's awesome! i wish i was cool enough to want to be a nurse...haha. dude, speaking of exercise, i have a free gym right here and i haven't even used it yet...sheesh...

akdoxey said...

I think it's great that you're going back, I wish I would have done something like that. Good luck with the whole process and hope you find a job soon!

Heidi and Rich said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Crane Family said...

Les--Let's face it--you are an incredibly talented nurse! I am always inspired by all the things you do, and the difference you make in everyones lives--not to mention saving how many peoples lives on the side of the road? It's your calling--what a blessing it makes money too! You're awesome, good luck with the process!

Cassondra said...

Good for you Leslie! It seriously is such a blessing - one you notice a lot more when you don't have that education and wish you did! I hope you find a place to work that you can really enjoy! Anyone would be lucky to have you!

Cassondra

Dorothy said...

Way to go Les! Yes, I can relate to the parts you don't like so much... but, nursing is a great job, and you are great at it. You can DO it!
I'm actually thinking of being a museum docent or curator... nice and quiet, and no one bleeds on me! ;-)