My Dad is so awesome. He drove down 2 1/2 hours from Cedar City to see me this morning. He is 78 (almost 79) years old and was worried about me, so he got in his car at 6:00 am this morning and drove down here to check on me and see how I was doing. He only stayed for a couple of hours because he doesn't like to drive after dark and needed to be home tomorrow. It was so sweet and it moved me to tears as he drove away, thinking "I don't know many Dads his age who would come so far just to comfort their "little girl" in a time of need". I also can't help but cry when I think about the fact that he won't be here on this earth for a whole lot longer-- The house next door is for sale and I am doing my best to talk him into buying it!!! I hope I succeed! I have truly been born of goodly parents! Oh, how I love my parents. What a blessing to have parents who love you! It's a feeling you never outgrow- SO- THANK YOU DAD! You are the best. I love you so much!!! You made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
MY DAD
My Dad is so awesome. He drove down 2 1/2 hours from Cedar City to see me this morning. He is 78 (almost 79) years old and was worried about me, so he got in his car at 6:00 am this morning and drove down here to check on me and see how I was doing. He only stayed for a couple of hours because he doesn't like to drive after dark and needed to be home tomorrow. It was so sweet and it moved me to tears as he drove away, thinking "I don't know many Dads his age who would come so far just to comfort their "little girl" in a time of need". I also can't help but cry when I think about the fact that he won't be here on this earth for a whole lot longer-- The house next door is for sale and I am doing my best to talk him into buying it!!! I hope I succeed! I have truly been born of goodly parents! Oh, how I love my parents. What a blessing to have parents who love you! It's a feeling you never outgrow- SO- THANK YOU DAD! You are the best. I love you so much!!! You made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You got me teary just reading about your sweet dad! What a awesome man!
What a kind man. I need to meet him! I hope you are getting plenty of rest!
I think dads get even sweeter as they get older. And we'll always be their little girls. I hope you're feeling better. I've been thinking about you. kelli
Oh..and HSM3...how could I be so dumb? That's like asking what 'Twilight' is!!!
Yay for daddys! :) What the heck kind of surgery did you have?!? Goodness! Do you need me to rush over and bring you some cookies or something? XOXO!!
Chandi
That was so nice! So sweet of your Dad!
Leslie, Are you okay? Your dad sounds amazing - a lot like mine actually. Aren't they great? Are you having a harder-than-expected recovery?
Since the first time I met Jack he has totally impressed me. He has opened his home to me many times and always apologizes for something. He is so sweet and is doing me a huge favor and yet he feels like he should be doing more. I hope he knows how much we all admire him. That would be so fun for him to move here.
Post a Comment