Tuesday, May 12, 2009
SPONTANEOUS
Friday night Dave and I got home from work and were talking... "what do you want to do tonight? I don't know, rent a movie? Go to the park?" Our kids were bored and we were bored and felt like we do the SAME THING every single weekend-- PLUS it was my first weekend off in 3 weeks - so we got a crazy spontaneous adventurous idea and said, "LETS GO TO THE BEACH!!!" So we called Emily & Chad and asked if we could crash on their floor Friday night and they said YES! Yea! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS! You were awesome! We packed in 30 minutes and headed down the freeway! YEE HAW! It was so much fun and a much needed break for us all! We got to Emily and Chad's apartment after midnight- blew up the air mattresses, visited a little bit and then crashed! Bright and early Saturday we headed to Santa Monica beach and hit the waves! It was so much fun! We all had boogie boards and were in the ocean for 7 solid hours of fun in the sun!! It was awesome! We got home at 11:30 p.m. and literally flopped into bed. Matt said, "I laid in bed flat on my face without a pillow and thought, I should really roll onto my back it would be more comfortable- he woke up at 2 a.m. in the same position" That pretty much sums up how tired we were! Thankfully we have LATE church so we slept in WAY late! It was AWESOME! We all came back a little bit fried~ but nothing a couple of days hasn't fixed! Sunday morning I woke up to a beautiful spring bouquet of flowers and a sweet card from Dave, a hilarious poem from Matt, a beautiful slideshow from Lindsey, a darling cement yard paver Katie made with her handprint in it, and a card and DARLING photo from Ellie that she made at school! YEA!!! Thank you so much to my great kids and husband! I had a wonderful Mother's Day and an OUTSTANDING weekend!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Good for you being so SPONTANEOUS! Are you all almost out of school? When is graduation? We have only 8 more days! Yay! Maybe then we can be spontaneous too.
You guys are my heros! That is so awesome! I'm glad you were able to have such a great weekend together and make a fun memory in the process!
How Fun!!! Wish it was me :) Glad you guys had a great trip and were able to do something together. You deserved it!
I am so happy for you. I love being spontaneous. WE wouldn't ever go anywhere if we planned more than a few days or hours in advance. WE missed you at dinner. I hope work is going well. i am being induced on the 24th a sunday, are you working? probably not, it would be goo dto see a familiar face. Do you have any inducing secrets yet?????
Do you even have any idea how envious I am right now? I'm still FREEZING! And it's great that you're so close to make a quick drive to the beach. Looks like fun times!
How fun to be spontaneous! How long of a drive is it to the beach? I LOVE days at the beach. It takes me to a different world!
heck yes, that's sweet!
Good times. Seven hours in the sun on the beach with family could possibly one of the most ideal days. I can't believe you've been working so hard Les. Glad you guys had such a great weekend, you have such an awesome family.
I am so DANG jealous! That was a great idea and a fun memory for your family. Good for you!!
lady,im so jealous! haha i love your spontinaty!
I love Santa Monica Beach! Our old stomping ground!!! What a blast--way to live it up! Flying by the seat of your pants--I LOVE it!!! I think we all need more days like that. So happy you guys got to go--you so deserve it!
Post a Comment