Over the past two weeks we have been doing our annual summer tradition of going on dates. Me one on one with the kids. I love this tradition. It is such a fun way to spend individual time with my kids. There is hardly ever any time to just hang out with just one of them alone, I really enjoy it-- plus it is a great way to get the school shopping in! The kids love it because we get to go out to eat and they get to pick the restaurant. Usually we pick an outing to go with the lunch and then do school shopping. This year all the girls wanted to see Ramona and Beezus (way way cute movie!!) so we all went to that together one day then for the individual stuff Ellie and I went first and ate at Olive Garden. Matt and I did a session together at the temple, then hit Red Lobster for lunch. Lindsey and I went to Cheesecake factory. Katie chose Cheesecake factory and with each girl we did our school shopping. I am proud to say that I am done with that!!!!! YEA!!!!!
Two short weeks from today Matt will be leavin on a jet plane... OUCH! It's starting to get hard. . . I think I have repressed the feelings all summer and now it's inevitable. The next two weeks are going to be so busy- with getting him ready, the farewell and school starting-- I am so excited for him, he is so excited and happy to go, but I have to admit- this is a toughy for moms.
No comments:
Post a Comment