Monday, November 19, 2007

We're addicted!!!!







So, Dave and I are hopelessly addicted to the TV show 24! We started season one last spring, and could not stop until we finished the whole thing. We watched it every night after the kids went to bed, it became our ritual... we watched it for our dates, even got take out, took the van up to the mountains one night and watched it on the DVD player in the back seat of the van.
Anyway, after we finished season one we told each other that we should hold off on starting another one, so we did....

UNTIL 2 weeks ago we started season TWO, it was as spellbinding as season one, so we watched that every night, then this weekend we started season 3... today we VOWED to each other that after we finish this season we will be done for A LONG TIME!!!! I wonder how long we can control ourselves?! LONG LIVE JACK BAUER!

This is the first time we have ever been hooked on a TV series! WoW! I can see that this can be VERY addicting! YIKES!

This is definitely the way to watch a TV series though, hold off until they are all on DVD, no annoying commercials and you don't have to wait 7-8 months to find out the ending!! I know we are about 7 years behind on what's good on TV, but ya know, we are old and behind the times, what can we say! :)

5 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

Leslie,
That is crazy, I am glad I have never seen it so I won't get hooked! I have been hooked on other tv shows. I have found Tivo. I tape the shows I like and the when I get a few extra minutes I watch them. Thanks for the comment about teaching, that was so kind of you to say! I really am a boring person,and I think I am proud of that! Hey will you call Veronica N. and have her put your blog on the wards site.

Heidi and Rich said...

You Guys are hillarious. I love that you have something that you both enjoy. We go to bed watching MASH or reruns of Fraiser. Whatever works right!?!?

doug said...

Amber's brother got us hooked on some of that "24" digital crack. it was difficult to ween ourselves, but now we're back back to eating and taking care of ourselves like good recovering addicts.dougal

doug said...

Amber's brother got us hooked on some of that "24" digital crack. it was difficult to ween ourselves, but now we're back back to eating and taking care of ourselves like good recovering addicts.

jennaloha said...

Leslie, I can't believe I stumbled on your blog!! I was looking at my cousin's blog and one of his friends blogs listed was "Warren's" (whoever that is) and Dave and Leslie Doxey was a link from there. It's me, Jenna Scoresby, your Enrichment leader!
Your kids are beautiful. It was fun to see their pictures. If you want to see my extended family's blog it is shirlsofwisdom.blogspot.com There are a few pics of my kids including "new" baby Holland who is 18 months old. I miss you! Keep blogging and I'll check on you from time to time.
Love,
Jenna