So, life has settled down a bit for us now and summertime BOREDOM has set in for the kids...
SOOooo to all my VEGAS buddies especially~ what the heck do you do here in this blistering heat to keep your kids active and having fun!?!?
I would love any CREATIVE ideas! I have tried the old "I have plenty of work for you to do" but that is not going over so well...I am looking for both physically & mentally stimulating activities for kids!! (cheap too, would be good).
ALSO ~ what do you do here for fun on the 4th of JULY? Last year was our first time staying here for the 4th and it was a bit dull... So I would just LOVE to hear from ya'all! Thanks!!!
p.s. Sorry to seem so negative~ I am just at a loss on this one today!
13 comments:
Swim, swim, swim, swim. I also go to the free movies.
The library has a reading program. It has motivated my kids to read. FREE!!!
Lowe's has kid clinics two Sat mornings a month. My kids love them. FREE!!!
The library has a flyer for additional fun stuff...magic shows, DJ dance, science experiment show. They are mostly at the Sahara and Summerlin libraries. We haven't ventured to any yet. But they are on our calendar. FREE!! www.lvccld.org
YMCA swimming...nonmembers kids $3 and adults $4. Open 1-6pm, M-F. CHEAP!!!
The Benson pool. FREE!!! Come on over!! We would love to hang out with the Doxey girls.
No...we didn't invite the girls over because we felt sorry for you!!! We hung out with the Jones girls yesterday and we had decided today was Doxey day before we ever read your blog. We are trying to get some sort of play dates in with all our friends. It's hard when I am working two days a week and reality of getting errands and things done around the house get in the way. Play dates have been a great bribe to get chores done around the house. See you later today.
We're not blistering hot, but still totally bored. I think work is a great idea! It's hard to please all of them, with such a wide range of ages. Our city offers free lunch for all kids 18 and under at the park every day (and it's good lunch too). So the little ones are happy to go, and the big ones have no choice. It sure cuts back on the grocery bill! I'll be checking back for ideas too! kelli
You know what's impressive...that you CARE!!! Good mom! kelli
hey sis. doxey! we were having the same problem, so i typed up this huge list of things to do... we got pretty creative... here are a few fun ones...
-go and find the zoo
-have your own poetry contest
-make ice cream
-tie-dye shirts and pillow cases
-find and take pictures of the street signs of your names
-write missionaries
-cooking lessons
hope somes of these work for you!
Leslie,
Check out www.gocitykids.com.
It has a daily list of tons of activities in Vegas every day. After you pick your city, look to the left side of the page under Activity Finder. You can narrow your search by the ages of your kids, whether you want something indoor or outdoor, and what KIND of activity you're interested in. Great reasource - hope it helps!
Cassondra
P.S. I love that you put up recipes on your blog. I'm totally going to try the 2 you have posted right now. They look great!
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! :)
DDR baby, plus it's a fun family activity! Any ideas for me and my little toddler?
I give Max and Tom sharp objects to play with and then Tanner gets to pass off a Duty to God requirement when he practices first aid on them.
It's the best, I love it!
I give Max and Tom sharp objects to play with and then Tanner gets to pass off a Duty to God requirement when he practices first aid on them.
It's the best, I love it!
Post a Comment