Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feelin the pain

Arghh...blah ha ha ha...waaaaahhhh...
Okay- so I usually avoid writing posts about myself. I think that my children's lives are much more fun to write about- but I just cannot help it today. I am forty years old today. I honestly didn't think that this day would be so hard on me- but BAM! It is.
I have been unkind to myself today by taking a stroll down memory lane and looking at yearbooks, pictures of growing up etc... I think I shouldn't have done that! WHOA!!! I can't believe how old and out of shape I am-- new goals for my 40th year include, getting in shape and enjoying life more~ how's that?
Enjoy these blasts from the past! :) My graduation from Timpview HS with my parents, my first drivers license and an activity card from BHS... scary I know... go ahead- laugh it up.


oh and p.s. I didn't have a beard in my DL picture- dirt smudge that won't come off :) nice.

22 comments:

Jamie and Mike said...

No laughing here....I love these pictures. You looked super cute in these! Happy 40th! You know I love ya!!

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!! You are now as old as I am!
40 is okay. You have earned it. It's really only 20 with a few more years of experience. And, wisdom.

Love you lots!! and hoping you have a fabulous day!

Van Tassell Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LES!!!!! 40! Woohoo! Have a spectacular day! Love the Pictures--you always have the best digs! You always look awesome! Have fun today!

Van Tassell Family said...

I am on my friends computer so it said Van Tassell--but it is realy just Cosi and Mark!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Happy happy birthday! Cute pictures! You still look just as great. Besides, would you ever go back even if you could? NOT I!!!

steph said...

You're a total fox, then and now.

Emily Jeanne said...

oh my oh my, these really did make my day!!! so awesome! you are so fun and I hope you have the best birthday ever! love from Em and Chad aka ChEm

akdoxey said...

I love the smug look on your drivers license. Happy Birthday Leslie!

The Pili Aiga said...

Okay, unlike Jamie I laughed a little because I straight up have the exact same picture with my parents with that exact hairstyle...lol.. You were so cute and Matt totally looks like you!!! You know I love you. :) As for your goals....right there with ya baby. I like your friend who said she's 20 with a few more years experince...well said :) Happy Happy Birthday my friend!!

Kayde said...

Sister Doxy!
You are beautiful and hillarious! it was soo good seeing you happy birthday!!!! you look great for 40!

Barb said...

Love the pictures!!! Have a happy birthday... It is only a number!1

Heidi and Rich said...

I want to take you out for a treat - smoothie/frozen yogurt? Do they have dairy free?!?! You and I have never gone out just the two of us - let's do it. P.S. They say 40 is the new 20 (or 30) I forget!!!! But they all say the 40 can be great - so live it up and enjoy yourself. You deserve to take the time for you and feel better all around.

Dan Doxey said...

Nice picts! Love them! Reminds me of a face I saw at the Boutelles over 20 years ago!

Cassondra said...

I told you on facebook, but I'll tell you again, "Happy Birthday!" I hope it was awesome!
I never would have guessed you were turning 40. You're younger at heart and it shines through!

Lisa Mc said...

Leslie, Sorry I missed your birthday!! I hope it was a happy one. I will tell you forty is better than 30 so enjoy!! I saw you and Dave still think you are in high school necking in the car!
Next time go to the top of Charleston!

becky comstock said...

I feel your pain Leslie. I turned 40 back in December! It is a weird feeling. I always thought 40 was old but I don't feel old. I started a blog. It isn't anything fancy. I will make it look better when I have more time. Anyway check it out!
thechroniclesofcomstock.blogspot.com
Becky

Tonya said...

Happy late birthday. All i have to say is that if you were perfect we would all hate you. You are way to close as it is anyway. You are so fabulous, glad to have you as a friend. we are on for THursday at 6:30 pm/ Meet at my house and we will do somehting. Pass the word, I am calling also.

Tonya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! You are awesome at any age! I just hope I'm as cool as you when I turn 40!!!

Unknown said...

oh my stars leslie! i love these pictures of you girl! yes i do go on lots of dates but not w\ guys i really want! but this last date was a guy that i liked! so it worked out just swell!

Lannie said...

Oh my little sistah. what cute pics and memories those brought back! You are still babe-ish. I love you!

Jenny said...

Leslie,

This is late but happy b-day. I think you are adorable inside and out. It is quite frightening how much Matt looks like you. Fourty is the new thirty so don't sweat it.

Jen