We rarely get to go out of town for spring break because Dave can't get time off in April because he is saving up for all the time off he needs in the summer for girls camp and family reunions... Soooo... we hung out at home.
Monday and Tuesday my dad was here and we spent those two days with a realtor looking for homes for him. YES! He is moving here! We were able to have FHE together and went to Famous Dave's for dinner, courtesy of Grandpa! THANKS! It was lots of fun. He also bought the girls new shirts while he was here- what a nice Grandpa!
Wednesday the girls and I had a picture day (yeah..yeah.. we know our photos are amateur and cheesy,we had fun playing around with them) at the park (SUPER WINDY) then went shopping, out to lunch and then home to watch a movie. It was so fun!
Thursday we tie dyed t-shirts with our friends... that was lots of fun too! :) They turned out super cute!
Friday we colored our Easter Eggs and then the girls played with friends all afternoon. That night we textured our walls in the kitchen... that was a MESS! But it was a fun family project. We are getting a little closer everyday! :) Can't wait to be done!
Saturday I worked, got sent home early at 3 pm (which was a nice bonus) and then Deb/Rob & Cher/Bry and kids came to visit! They got here around 5 (just in time for priesthood) and then the ladies went out to dinner at Indian Curry Bowl (yum!) while the girls babysat. Always so great to visit with the gals. Then after the guys got home from priesthood/dinner we went and hung out at Rich/Heidi's, saw their new kitchen and ate ice cream. It was fun stuff.
Sunday morning the easter bunny came to our back yard! It was a deluxe candy fest! We then did the conference breakfast (complete with homemade sweet rolls from Heidi, strawberries, bagels, oj and hard boiled easter eggs!) then watched the first session together (actually I think most slept- oops!).. then after everyone left we took a nap, watched the second session and then went to Rich and Heidi's for dinner with Nikki and Jordan and family too!
ALL in ALL it was a great week and we enjoyed ourselves a lot! It's just so wonderful to spend time with family and not have so many pressing things to do!
Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner and FHE. Lindsey gave an awesome lesson on tithing.. even though it was a little more pressure doing it in front of the Elders. I have a whole new perspective on these missionaries nowadays. I just can't help but picture Matt in someone's home in a few months... We are getting SO EXCITED to find out where he will be serving! He turned his papers over to the Bishop yesterday! YIPPEE!
Then today-- work called at 4:45 am and said the census was low so I didn't have to come in!!! YEA!!! WOOT WOO!! I am so happy! :)
Upcoming APRIL events:
Matt's papers go in April 16th!
Leslie and girls going to Colorado
Dave and Les- Youth Conf
Finishing the kitchen project
Picking up Matt-- coming home!!!
Girls starting tennis lessons!
6 comments:
FUN! I'm glad you had such a great vacation & can't wait to hear where Matt is going! You are a great mom with amazing kids! Way to go!
That black and white of your 3 girls is so fantastic!! Glad you had such an enjoyable spring break!
Love the pics of the girlies! They are so beautiful - getting all grown up too fast!!! = (
Wow- Cute Cute pictures!! What a fun spring break-- I think the best ones, are when you actually get a break and get to just hang out together! I'm so happy you didn't have to work Les! And- the kitchen is looking awesome! We are getting so excited for you guys to come!!!!
Wow, your girls are sure growing up are are looking so pretty!
I want a shirt like that - seriously they look professional. I am glad we got to see you guys... we hardly ever get to hang out. We love ya - and girls thanks for babysitting.
Post a Comment