Something was wrong with the email system.
We were stressed.
Mom's don't like to miss a week hearing from their missionary sons.
Then today we got TWO emails and it was WONDERFUL.
He got transferred to Ilinge. Little RURAL village. Lots of animals. They are the only white people there. Hardly anyone speaks English. AND....
HE IS LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
He looks so cute in this picture of his new zone....
I love him.
I miss him.
I am so grateful that he is serving a mission.
In other news:
We went to Provo this past weekend for a little weekend getaway to see our family. It was so nice. We had a great time. We got to go to this: http://carlbloch.byu.edu/ It was INCREDIBLE. We loved it so much...
We also got to go to Thai Ruby, go ice skating, shopping at the good/modest stores in Provo w/Lannie... had a great big family dinner with everyone... got to see Doug (it had been over a year) ... hung out at the Christensen's. Doesn't get much better. It was so nice-- but I was having so much fun I didn't take any pictures. bummer.
2 comments:
I'm so happy for you to have received TWO emails from Matt this week! What a joy! And how wonderful to spend the weekend with your family in Utah! :)
Matt looks awesome! So glad to hear he's doing well!
I just got tickets for the Carl Bloch exhibit a few days ago! I'll be there in March for my grandparents 70th wedding anniversary! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. How long were you there? I need to plan some other stuff around it....
Post a Comment