3624 Mountain River St. Las Vegas, NV 89129



Yes, I am waxing nostalgic. It's kind of a "you don't know what you've got til its gone" moment for me today. I put the for rent sign out and listed our house on Craigslist this morning. Even though it's small and even though it has its issues... it was ours for the last 8 years. Our place of refuge from the world, lots of laughing, talking, playing, cooking, crying, chilling, friends, family and spiritual moments occurred inside that front door and we have LOVED it.
3 comments:
Although I look forward to owning a bigger place one day - I know it will be VERY HARD to leave our home. Rich has put SOOOOO many hours making this house into our home and I am sure you have some of those same feelings. No one will appreciate the good things about your home as much as you. Maybe it will help us cherish our homes more now even if they are small and some things could be different. Overall we have all been blessed with homes to raise our families in... welcome new babies, send off young adults, and spend time with one another. Thanks for reminding me to appreciate our home more while we have it. (Which may be another 8 years!!)
I only visited once but I have fond memories of your house too! Remember lettuce wraps and cheesecake at midnight? Hope you find the perfect renter and a great new house to fill with memories in Provo!
P.S. I really appreciate the wisdom and perspective in this post - it reminded me that the house itself is a lot less important than the people and memories inside. Maybe I'm being too picky in my search. Thanks for the reality check! :-)
Post a Comment