Friday, April 4, 2008

JOGATHON




(Only Lindsey is pictured, because I was busy being a lap counter and didn't get any pictures of anyone, we have these ones courtesy of my friend Jamie!)

We had the jogathon at school this week... something my girls have been looking forward to all year! They love the jogathon and are always so excited to see how well they can do. Katie has won first place for the girls in her class every year since Kindergarten and so she is especially competetive... This year Lindsey and Katie tied each other with 16 laps (2 miles) in 20 minutes, and Ellie got 9 laps and got first place for the girls in her class (only one lap behind the winning boy). Katie continued her record by getting first place in her class for the girls as well. Lindsey tied the schools principal!! It was fun and I was proud of how hard they all pushed themselves! They are quite the good little runners. They all want to run cross country and track like their big bro!! (He has done really well this year in track also, he has made great improvement over last year!) WAY TO GO KIDS!

8 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

You know how I feel! Cross Country and Track are the best sports!!!! O.k, I love skating too! You guys did great!

Jamie and Mike said...

Way to go Awesome Doxey girls!!

The Pili Aiga said...

good job Doxeys!!! I asked the Jones' too...are your legs totally sore? My kid's legs are really sore and achy. Another year of jog-a-thon done :)

Lannie said...

Wahoo for Lindsey, Katie and Ellie!!! I'm so proud of you girls! You three rock! I love you! Aunt Lannie

Chris and Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

leslie you and jaime are the best!i made up an invitation list! i need to give it to you guys!but you guys can invite whoever i just made some suggestions... anyways youll have to call me or jaime! love ya girly!

Heidi and Rich said...

Way to go girls...I wish I had started to love running back at your age. Keep it up!!!

The Crane Family said...

Rock On Runner Girls!!!!! You both look Dashing (Get it!) Sounds like you're quite the speedsters- There's nothing like the open wind and road in front of you--Keep it up!