Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Looking Forward...


I am really looking forward to General Conference this weekend. It is always so wonderful to hear the inspired words of our leaders. Don't you find it amazing how they are speaking to thousands of people, but a talk can seem like it was written just for you? I love that. I love the boost that it gives me spiritually, helps me to want to work harder on being a better person.
I also love the day off! It is sooo nice to be home and have a Sunday "day off". YW has been so busy for me lately. I have to admit that I am excited to have a Sunday to rest!!!

I love my calling in YW! It has been such a great experience and I realized that I have never blogged about it. I have learned so much during this calling and am so thankful to be a part of the lives of these wonderful girls. It's inspiring to see how valiant they are! They all make me smile and bring me a lot of joy!!
It never ceases to amaze me how serving in the church blesses our lives. We gain so much!!! The Lord really does know how to bless us and give us the things that we need to make us the happiest!! :)

In other news:
Matt was diagnosed with right lower lobe pneumonia last week (Friday) ... He is doing much better now after antibiotics, steroids, nebulizer treatments, and an inhaler for 5 days. BUT the downside is he hasn't been able to run track... bummer. He has a meet today that he has to sit out... But we are glad that he is doing better, hopefully we caught it soon enough and he will have a complete recovery!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony, Leslie. I'm looking forward to Conference this weekend, too...both the speakers and the ability to attend "church" in my pajamas if I want to!

The Pili Aiga said...

We are at bunco missing you...nice 80's music. Me and Kari, Mary, and Joanne know the song....everyone else is too young!!!! lol Just showing off Jamie's pictures :)

jennaloha said...

I am envious of Jamie's pictures. I need her to remember me so I can get an appointment with her next time I am in town. Not that it would be hard to take good pictures of your beautiful children!

I'm glad that you like YW. I don't hear people say that very often...

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Very cool. There's no better place to be than young womens. It's amazing how strong and committed the youth are these days. I guess they need to be. Oh, and did you say 'trek'? Are you going to Wyoming again for the whole big deal? If so, I really hope that you're able to make it. That experience fits right into my top 10 experiences of my entire life. It was life changing, and one of the best opportunities I think I've ever had or ever will have. Enjoy, and I would love to hear more about it. kelli

The Crane Family said...

Love your recent updates! Sounds like the gals had a truly relaxing spring break (thanks for the movie reviews--very helpful Katie!) Easter looked like so much fun there. You all look dashing!--and your flowers are lovely--it's true they do make such a difference. We can't wait for conference too! It is so relaxing--and so uplifting! We miss you guys so much! You guys are amazing--Les, those girls are so lucky to have you and your example!