Thursday, October 23, 2008

An early Halloween visit from DRACULA- and more...

I'm back! WHOA... Anemia = THE BADS. Ever stop to think about how important each part of your body is? Well... me neither until I lost about 40% of my red blood cells... Being a nurse, I have always been so amazed by the human body~ each part of our bodies work together to keep us going, feeling good and operating correctly. If you alter any part of the body, it's so incredible what happens... needless to say, I found out the last 2 weeks how important these little guys are! I am thankful to be feeling better finally! :) I found out I am not a very patient person when it comes to being sick... a wake up call to appreciate good health.

So I have been taking iron pills - ouch! They HURT the tummy~ so I am looking for alternate ways to get iron -SPINACH and I are new best friends! :) I have been eating a bag of this a day... thankfully I LOVE it!! So- here's to good health, another thing to be grateful for! :)

9 comments:

Chris and Elaine said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I've been border-line anemic and have learned to love spinach too. I'm glad I'm not the only "Popeye" around.:)

Heidi and Rich said...

You are too funny - a bag of Spinach a day!?!? I hope it does the trick. We have missed having you at our get togethers but we are excited that you are feeling better. I owe you big time - here my two crazy boys graced your home during some of your worst days...nice. What a great sister in law I am!!!

Cassondra said...

Leslie,
I'm glad so you're doing better! I hate feeling yucky, too. Actually, I've been wondering if I'm borderline anemic - we should talk.
Cassondra

The Crane Family said...

LES--I am so happy to read you are doing better. my Mom just told me how you were doing--and of course I was worried sick (didn't bother to call or anything-SO sorry) But--you've been in our prayers! Spinach huh? I hear a good load of BEF works good too! We'll keep praying, lap it up and take it EASY!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I'm happy to hear you are doing better as well. It seemed like a scary week or so with everything happening as it did.

I can't believe you eat that much spinach in a day. You are nearly Popeye!

Jill said...

I LOVE spinach! I'm going to send you a bunch of spinach recipes...also, if you're eating that much, you should definitely get to Costco. They sell a 1 lb package for +/- $4.00. It's organic and yummy!!!

Dan Doxey said...

Les,

I work for a vitamin company and need to hook you up.

Leslie said...

So do it DAN!!! :)

Unknown said...

leslie THANX so much for inviteing me to the dance tonight! girl,i had SO MUCH FUN! it sbeen awhile since ive esen how lame the dances r!lol